2021 Overnight Camp at Brant Lake (Save The Date)
2021 Overnight Camp @ Brant Lake
August 15-19, 2021
Boys & Girls Ages 9-18
Directors: Greg Koubek, Don Juron, & Tony Dzikas
April 2021 Update
Dear Returning and First Time Families:
We hope you are well and share our optimism for continued progress and good news regarding the potential for a summer where we can return to family outdoor activities and most notably, recreational activities including youth sports camps. New York State has officially confirmed that overnight camps can operate this summer subject to compliance with CDC and State COVID safety protocols.
Camp staff and counselors will be eligible for the COVID vaccine and having most, if not all, of our staff being vaccinated prior to camp is our goal. While we await more specific guidelines from the State, the following safety protocols will be key to our camp operational success:
- All campers will be required to complete a COVID test about 5 days prior to camp and one upon arrival at camp.
- Camp enrollment will be initially limited to 275 campers to allow for proper bunk capacity and indoor spacing in dining halls, etc.
- Camp activities will be largely conducted outdoors including dining as we will utilize large outdoor tents and rotating group meal times.
- Activities will be conducted in smaller pods for contact tracing in the event a COVID case is confirmed during camp.
- Camp enrollment will be limited to boys and girls entering Grades 4-9 in the Fall of 2021. This is a difficult decision but with the limitation in camp enrollment we must limit the age groups enrolled for camp. We plan to return to enrollment for grades 4-12 in the summer of 2022.
- Parents may register their child on our website and reserve their child’s place in our camp at this time. When camp enrollment reaches the maximum of 275, a waiting list will be generated. Payment will not be accepted when registering at this time. We will communicate with parents upon final State approval of camp operation, likely in mid-June, and provide guidance regarding payment processing at that time.
We will be providing regular updates and sharing more information as it becomes available to us. Please continue to monitor our website and once you register your child for camp we will be providing more specific instructions in advance of camp. We are very excited to return to camp this year and want our campers to experience the magic of our overnight camp with their safety and the safety of our staff as our highest priority.
— Greg, Don, and Tony
Designed specifically to allow for an overnight experience that is both positive and competitive. Offensive and defensive skills and techniques will be introduced at age & skill appropriate levels and a wide variety of team games and skill challenges will be played. Campers will also have the opportunity to work on skills associated with their individual positions (guard, forward, and center). This camp is recommended for boys and girls ages 9-18 who are intermediate to advanced players.
|7:30 – 8:00 am||Breakfast|
|8:30 – 9:00 am||Warm-ups & Team Drills|
|9:00 – 10:30 am||Fundamental Skills (Ballhandling/Passing, Shooting, Defense, Rebounding, Offensive Moves)|
|10:30 – 11:00 am||Team Practice|
|11:00 – 12:00 pm||Game 1|
|12:00 – 1:00 pm||Lunch|
|1:00 – 1:45 pm||Play of the Day & Lecture|
|1:45 – 2:30 pm||Swim|
|2:30 – 4:00 pm||Practice & Position Work (Guards, Forwards, & Centers)|
|4:00 – 5:00 pm||Game 2|
|5:00 – 6:30 pm||Dinner|
|6:30 – 8:00 pm||Game 3/Evening Competitions|
|8:00 – 10:00 pm||Daily Camp Highlight Video/Evening Program Snacks, Movies, Games)|
|10:00 pm||Lights Out|
Note: Water breaks are given periodically
About the Location
Six miles long and crystal clear, Brant Lake is located in New York’s scenic Adirondack Mountains. This location provides an inspiring setting for growth and basketball activity. Outdoor facilities are beautifully landscaped and well groomed. The camp boasts over 20 outdoor basketball courts with many having glass backboards, two athletic field houses and two spacious clubhouses. Our boys and girls stay separately in well-constructed, well-maintained cabins with windows, screens, lights and plumbing. Dining room and kitchen facilities are modern and meet every health and safety standard. We have many major indoor facilities and use of local gyms that are used primarily for evening and rainy day activities.